Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cheeseburgers - Off topic but still awesome

So this is not a tech related post but I still feel the need to share. I am 8 months (9 months next week) pregnant and besides school work I have one thing I cannot stop thinking about. Cheeseburgers! I swear I think about them 22 out of 24 hours a day. It's all I want to talk about and eat, my son's (yep it's a boy) first word is going to be "cheeseburger" and I am totally OK with that because they are delicious (sorry to all those vegetarians). I didn't think that I would be one of those pregnant ladies who had cravings non-stop but I do and clearly you can tell what it is. Now, on to important business...the best cheeseburgers I have found. One of my new favorite places that one of our own classmates (thanks Kim!) introduced me to is on/close to Pitt's campus, 5 Guys Burgers. WOW! That's all I have to say, and you never have to worry about leaving this place hungry. The portions are so huge you need to order a Little Guy Burger just to get a single patty and the fries! Well get ready to split them because you really don't need to eat that many potatoes at one sitting. Another wonderful burger place is the Sharp Edge Creekhouse in Crafton, conveniently located 3 minutes from my house. They have a variety of burgers and sweet potato fries that are fantastic. I recommend the Sharp Burger or the BBQ Burger, both are awesome but if you like it cooked, say well done. Ok, I could go on and on and on because Pittsburgh is full of great burger places but here is my last one. Red Robin! There is a new one up at Settler's Ridge and I had my first of what will be many many visits here on Sunday. I like to think of Red Robin as my own version of Disney Land. Yes, I liked it that much. I got the Teriyaki Burger that comes with teriyaki of course, shredded lettuce, tomato, and best of all grilled pineapple! The other great aspect of Red Robin, endless fries. No need to go any further. If you sign up online you can get a free birthday burger. So yes, you just heard a pregnant lady rant and rave about burgers and I am ok with that. Should there be somewhere out there I am missing that has an awesome burger I beg (yep begging, not embarrassed) to share it with me. As of right now, Red Robin is number one on my burger list.

2 comments:

  1. It may be off-topic, but it's helpful for us online students who will have to find places to eat when we're in town for fast track weekend. I'm making a note about the 5 Guys place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 Guys in unbelievable! I missed an opportunity to go today for lunch because my dad had to borrow my car, but I'm thinking 5 Guys will be in my immediate future : )

    ReplyDelete