Saturday, June 26, 2010

Koha Assignment

Well I think I completed the Koha assignment. I watched the June 8 lecture and followed Dr. Tomer's actions so I am hoping that I have done this correctly. I will just have to keep an eye out on the discussion posts and such to see if any further information is provided on exactly what we were supposed to do. Although for what I did I feel like it was a pretty easy system to use I don't think that I would choose to use this system over others to track or keep lists of my books. This could simply be because I am not all that comfortable with Koha yet but the more I used it the more I would probably like it. I keep finding that Jing is a really interesting and useful tool. My only complaint would be that I wish I could save videos that are longer than 5 minutes with our free accounts. We have to make a video for our storytelling class and while other free sites have been recommended it would be nice to use Jing since I already know how. The video/audio is 7-10 minutes so that's why we can't use Jing. Oh well, I guess it will be nice to learn some new sites and tools!

Well that's about it for now on my thoughts about our assignments to date. I looked at the next one and I am really hoping there is a good bit more explanation because I have NO idea how to start that one! Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment